REMINDER: 3rd Annual General Meeting /
2020 Season Registration
|Date||Sunday, April 5, 2019|
|Time:||10:00 to 13:00|
|Location:||Round Room – Ground Floor Royal Canadian Legion Branch 82 (Port Credit) 35 Front Street North, Mississauga, ON L5H 2E1|
|RSVP:||Please RSVP via Facebook Event to assist us with our event planning.|
The BIG DAY is almost here: Join us for Port Credit Paddling Club’s third Annual General Meeting and 2020 Registration on Sunday, April 5, 2020.
You can find official agenda below:
- Review of financials
- Report on the new boat house and deck project
- Temporary boat storage
- Report on upcoming 2020 paddling season
- Report on 2019 achievments
- Bylaws amendments – return donated boats to the original donors in the event of club discontinues activity.
- Recognition of William’s contribution in the last 3 years
- Election of derectors
- Any other business
Closure of AGM
One of the items on the agenda will be to elect a slate of directors, nominations are welcome.
Current board positions are:
· Commodore: Phil Green
· Registrar: Darryl Bohm
· Treasurer: Derek Ventnor
· Social Coordinator: Patti Brien
· Information Technology Manager: Vadim Lawrence
· Equipment Manager: Judit Rayegani
· Secretary: Beata Turik
Based on feedback from our last meeting, we hope to keep our two types of club memberships and keep membership fee the same as last year. Usual training sessions are on Sunday from 10 am, for both competitive and recreational paddler groups.
- Competitive – members to paddle together on certain days/times with a goal of competing at a variety of races over the season. C$385
- The mileage club – members that want to paddle to stay in shape with a goal of accumulating certain mileage paddled over the season – your goal could be 20km to 2000km – your choice. This group is open to any type of water craft. C$225
During the year we will have several events, white water sessions, workshops where you can to try a different vessel or would like to have a bit of coaching/tips/feedback on paddling. These events can be coordinated by team leaders and based on number of participants, we may reach out to gurus in that discipline to come to the club. There will be extra fees for this (based on how many participate in that event).
Social Paddling – White Water Paddling and Sprint time trials – Sunday May 31, 2020:
Social Outing in conjunction with Credit River Paddlers (a white water paddling club) – paddle from Erindale to PCPC on Sunday 31 May (8:30 am to 11 am). Paddlers may be able to sign out white water boats/helmets or bring their own canoe. Not recommended for sprint/OC type boats.
Sprint time trials at 11 am to finish off the day on a competitive note.
Social potluck BBQ to follow for lunch.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, April 5rd and enjoying another season of fun and friends on the water!