The Port Credit Paddling Club was founded in 2017 by a group of enthusiastic paddlers who wanted a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for recreational and competitive paddling. We paddle on the Credit River in Port Credit.
PCPC was started as an opportunity to unite like minded paddlers for the sake of paddling.
The objects of the Club are:
1. To provide opportunities for members to paddle;
2. To establish, operate and maintain a nonprofit paddling club, and;
3. To promote the paddling sports as defined by the International Canoe Federation (ICF), CanoeKayak Canada (CKC), Canoe Kayak Ontario (CKO), Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA), and;
4. To promote water safety within the community, and;
5. To promote lifelong interest in paddling, good sportsmanship and friendship on the water amongst paddlers of all ages and abilities.
Port Credit Paddling Club members paddle canoes, kayaks, SUPS, surf skis, and outriggers. We have a roughly equal mix of recreational and competitive paddlers. We practice on the Credit River in Port Credit. Our club is under the back deck of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 82, right on the water. Members enjoy the social aspect of paddling and mingling with others who love the water. It is run entirely by volunteers, and all members participate in running the club.